Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Make your own garment! One on one guidance
In this three part workshop Aoife will assist you to design, pattern make and sew a garment for you!
There will be two participants in the class, so when needed you will have one on one guidance
Class 1 (7/9/19): Designing & sewing basics
Class 2 (14/9/19) : Pattern making
Class 3 (21/9/19): Sewing it together
The course may require you to do homework between classes to keep to schedule.
Bring to the first class a mood board of design ideas, sketches or even a pattern or garment you would like to work from. It would be helpful to also bring along fabric samples or any fabric you plan to use.
Aoife Billings has obtained both an Associate and Bachelor Degree in Fashion Design and Technology and has been teaching sewing lessons for over 5 years. She regularly holds other textiles workshops such as screen printing, embroidery and quilting with her brother Aaron.
The reason Aoife teaches sewing is to equip people with the skills to express themselves through clothing, without the need to battle it out with the fashion industry with its size, gender and ethical limitations.
- Sewing basics
- Pattern making basics
- Design for size basics
- Their very own self made piece of clothing to fit them!
- Bring fabric samples of what you would like to use to the first class. After a consultation about your design you are required to bring fabric to the second class.
Shoes necessary, in case of pin pricks
Beginner to intermediate sewers
Bats of Leisure requires 24 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund/exchange. Please email email@example.com to organise a refund.
Policy (terms and conditions for you)
- LIABILITY WAIVE - Customer R - Bats of Leisure will not be responsible for any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property brought into Bats of Leisure’s premises.
- PHOTO & VIDEO - I agree to give Bats of Leisure unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Bats of Leisure classes and events or on Bats of Leisure’s premises. (Let us know on the day if you don’t want to be photographed)
- REFUNDS - Bats of Leisure requires 24 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund/exchange. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund.
- CANCELLATIONS - In the unlikely event that a class is cancelled, participants will be notified via email and entitled to a full refund or credit. If the customer cancels within 24 hours prior to the workshop they will be entitled to transfer their ticket to another day, this privilege will only be applied once for each customer. After this allowance, they will only receive half a refund if they again cancel within 24 hours prior. Customers may allocate someone else to come instead (you can sell your ticket to them). Please notify us of this.
- BEHAVIOUR - If a participant's behaviour is racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist, abusive, violent, threatening or discriminatory, Bats of Leisure has the right to ask such person/persons to leave the premises immediately.
Our part of the customer service policy
- To provide a safe, clean, supportive, creative environment in which to learn and develop your craft.
- To provide individual attention as much as possible to each participant, making sure you are getting the most out of your workshop experience.
- We will be on time and attentive
- We will endeavor to respond to customer enquiries or complaints within 24 hours
- If for any reason we have to cancel a class, we will provide the customer with a full refund or credit to attend another workshop.
- Customer complaints will be taken very seriously. If you are unsatisfied in anyway please do not hesitate to let us know. By filling out our consumer survey at the end of the lesson you will be helping us greatly in adjusting our service delivery to the needs of our valued customers.
Wheelchair access to our studio will be available. If a customer requires an assistant such as a disability support worker, or sign language interpreter, they are welcome to bring them to the workshop without additional cost.