Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sewing Basics: Make a sleep mask!
In this three hour workshop Aoife will teach you how to set up your machine correctly, troubleshoot tension problems, sew a variety of seam types and at the end we put those skills together to create a sleep mask to rest your weary eyes!
This class has a maximum attendance of 5 people which allows for individual attention.
It is recommended that you bring your own sewing machine if you have one, as it is best to learn the ins and outs of your personal machine. Let her know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you do decide to bring it to class.
Aoife Billings has obtained both an Associate and Bachelor Degree in Fashion Design and Technology and has been teaching sewing lessons for over 5 years. She regularly holds other textiles workshops such as screen printing, embroidery and quilting with her brother Aaron.
The reason Aoife teaches sewing is to equip people with the skills to express themselves through clothing, without the need to battle it out with the fashion industry with its size, gender and ethical limitations.
- To make an eye mask
- To use your own or the venue's sewing machine, including trouble shooting
- To sew a variety of seam types
- An eye mask made by you!
free on street parking
- All materials supplied, but if you have a fabric you would like to create your eye mask with, bring it along.
Shoes necessary, in case of pin pricks
Bats of Leisure requires 24 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund/exchange. Please email email@example.com to organise a refund.
Policy (terms and conditions for you)
- LIABILITY WAIVE - Customer R - Bats of Leisure will not be responsible for any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property brought into Bats of Leisure’s premises.
- PHOTO & VIDEO - I agree to give Bats of Leisure unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Bats of Leisure classes and events or on Bats of Leisure’s premises. (Let us know on the day if you don’t want to be photographed)
- REFUNDS - Bats of Leisure requires 24 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund/exchange. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund.
- CANCELLATIONS - In the unlikely event that a class is cancelled, participants will be notified via email and entitled to a full refund or credit. If the customer cancels within 24 hours prior to the workshop they will be entitled to transfer their ticket to another day, this privilege will only be applied once for each customer. After this allowance, they will only receive half a refund if they again cancel within 24 hours prior. Customers may allocate someone else to come instead (you can sell your ticket to them). Please notify us of this.
- BEHAVIOUR - If a participant's behaviour is racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist, abusive, violent, threatening or discriminatory, Bats of Leisure has the right to ask such person/persons to leave the premises immediately.
Our part of the customer service policy
- To provide a safe, clean, supportive, creative environment in which to learn and develop your craft.
- To provide individual attention as much as possible to each participant, making sure you are getting the most out of your workshop experience.
- We will be on time and attentive
- We will endeavor to respond to customer enquiries or complaints within 24 hours
- If for any reason we have to cancel a class, we will provide the customer with a full refund or credit to attend another workshop.
- Customer complaints will be taken very seriously. If you are unsatisfied in anyway please do not hesitate to let us know. By filling out our consumer survey at the end of the lesson you will be helping us greatly in adjusting our service delivery to the needs of our valued customers.
Wheelchair access to our studio will be available. If a customer requires an assistant such as a disability support worker, or sign language interpreter, they are welcome to bring them to the workshop without additional cost.